Getting to Know AppleCheeks
Prep (before using):
All AppleCheeks diapering products will need a "prewash" at least once before you use. Rayon from Bamboo Inserts will need to be washed at least 3 times on hot and dried at least once on hot to make sure you are getting optimal absorbency.
- Take your Rayon from Bamboo Inserts and fold them into 3 (trifold)
- Either you can lay the insert on top of the inner part of your Envelope Diaper Cover, or you can insert it into the Envelope. If you lay the insert on top it will allow you to reuse the cover assuming it isn't soiled. If you insert it into the envelope, you will need to change both cover and insert at every diaper change.
- For easier poop disposal, use one of AppleCheeks flushable, biodegradable liners.
- Put the diaper on your baby, adjust snaps at the legs and then at the waist for the best fit.
- After wear flush all poop down the toilet and store in AppleCheeks handy Storage Sac until it's time for laundry.
Check out the video tutorial:
- Always snap at leg level before waist.
- You will know you have a good fit when you can get one finger between the elastic and your baby's skin.
- AppleCheeks recommends extending the leg elastic by pulling out the wing before snapping the diaper closed.
- For nightime, naps or for extended periods, I suggest adding a booster for extra absorbency
- Fabric softeners
- Natural oils
- UV brighteners
- Stain guard ingredients
- Enzymes (can cause rashes on some babies' skin)
- Please be cautious about using vinegar and/or baking soda, as they can together or individually cause delamination
AppleCheeks recommends hanging your covers and Storage Scas to dry, this will extend the life of your covers. They can be machine dried as well. Maximum suggested temperature is 50 degree C / 130 degree F. Using the "delicate setting" is the best way to go, this will dry with only air and no heat.Inserts can either be hung to dry or on medium in the machine. If you choose to hang dry, toss them into the dryer for a quick spin while still damp and you will have softer and fluffier inserts.